Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy (?) Halloween?

How can this occasion be a happy one? How oxymoronic! hahaha.

First, you have a recurring theme of death and dying.... the gorrier the better. So no walking gently into the light here...more like let me die a gruesome death.

Secondly, and in relation to the first, ghosts and ghouls are a welcome sight.... uhhh I am sorry...I guess I am just too much of a concerned mother who does not want her son to get any nightmares because of all the subconscious messages we are sending.

Thirdly, who the h*ll thinks that beings from h*ll are fun and enjoyable...demons, witches and warlocks...? Oh lawdy!

So what to do when everyone seems to be into halloween? Give your kids a realistic view of everything:

One --- tell him/her that dying is not gory all the time. If your child has not yet experienced death in the family... then explain that sometimes people just die in their sleep...and that if you lived your life right in the sight of God... and gave your heart to Him..then there is no need to fear death at all.

Two --- tell your kid that there are NO SUCH THINGS as ghosts. These are just demons...evil spirits that prey on someone's fears or another's loneliness....or just go tripping on someone's strength.

Have I seen "weird" things? Ooohhh yeah.... to others I have what they call the undeveloped "3rd eye" (like I wanna be 3-eyed? lol). There were times that I actually got physically bumped in my office as I was signing some documents, causing my signature to go crooked in one page. I have heard stuff... I was inside the room when someone knocked loudly and I knew there was no one on the other side. I have seen silhouettes from near and far...some sitting just meters away from me...others walking.

Does my son see stuff? I guess so...there were many instances that he would just literally stop in mid-stride and freeze...then look back at me with a slightly scared look. I took that opportunity to just tell him that IN CASE he again sees someone/something else that is not normal ... to just tell that being to GO AWAY IN JESUS' NAME! For greater is He who is in us than that one who wants to scare us! (Btw...we practiced saying that over and over again lol)

Three --- evil spirits are just that....EVIL. There is no point in glamorizing evil. That is exactly what Satan wants.

So...even if we do not "celebrate" this holiday... in case your child has a school activity that requires him/her to be in "costume"....go for the superheroes...or one of the better cartoon characters instead of witches and ghouls and zombies.

Why blog about this occasion then? Because... the name of this blog after all is tricks-and-treats! hahahaha

And to end my rant... lemme leave you with funny halloween jokes that will surely rattle your bones. Hehehe.



What do skeletons say before they begin dining? ----
Bone appetit !

What kind of mistakes do spooks make? ---Boo boos

What does Tweety Bird say on Halloween? ---Twick or Tweet

What's the ratio of a pumpkin's circumference to its diameter? ---Pumpkin Pi

What does a skeleton order at a restaurant? ---Spare ribs



Hahahahaha. Twick or Tweet!


****

No comments: